I used a counter roaster to make these, and they turned out wonderful! So simple, firm, and delicious!
- 1 pound of ground beef or pork (leaner the better, I used 85%)
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheese
- 4-5 cloves of garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (Italian seasoned)
- 1 can of tomato sauce (I used "no salt added")
- 1 tablespoon meatball spice blend or italian seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon parsley (freshly diced or dried)
- Mix meat and all seasonings, garlic and cheese together. Add the bread crumbs and panko breadcrumbs, mix until evenly distributed.
- Set your roaster to 200-250, line with a aluminum foil, spray with a no stick spray.
- Form meat mixture into balls about the size of golf balls or a little smaller. Place the meatballs in the roaster, forming a layer on the bottom, try to space evenly apart if there is room.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes. Drain grease if desired, and turn meat balls over.
- In a bowl, mix the diced tomatoes (do not drain) and the tomato sauce. Pour the tomato mixture over the meatballs, be sure to coat each meatball.
- Cover and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Serve alone, with a side, or over pasta or polenta (italian grits). Enjoy.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...