Very similar to 'Lemon Chicken', this is another fantastic way to bake tender, juicy whole chicken.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 large oranges or 3 small
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 'beer can chicken seasoning' (use in adition to salt and pepper)
- salt and pepper to taste
1 stick of butter
- Set oven to 300
- Slice the oranges cross ways to create rounds
- From the but of the chicken, with it on its back, seperate the skin from the breasts, creating a pocket above each breast. Rub the breasts with salt and pepper, and the seasoning, do the same for the rest of the outside of the chicken.
- In the pockets on the breasts, place the sliced orange rounds. Stuff the chicken with the ends of the oranges and the rest of the rounds, with the meat of the end cuts touching the chicken.
- Cut the stick of butter length wise in half, place each half in a breast pocket.
- Place the chicken in a oven bag with a few small slits cut, place in oven safe pan, add the broth and place in the oven.
- Bake for 2 hours. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes, serve and enjoy.
- Note- marinating over night in orange juice, not from concentrate, makes a super tender chicken. Also, add baby carrots or cut carrots to the oven pan to make a 'one dish meal'.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...